South Wales Traverse - Brecon Beacons Only 51 days to go!
TACH propose a running traverse of the Brecon Beacons over three days, 4-6 May 2019
We are now full - 24 bed places all sold. People may cancel, so we do want a reserve list of 4 people. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested
We have booked a minibus that will pick-up from Bristol on the saturday morning, and we have booked a bunkhouse to stay together at Llangorse Activity Centre near Brecon.
The route is called the South Wales Traverse, going to each of 20 peaks over 2,000 feet. Split over three days means 23 miles / 23 miles / 27 miles, with 15,000 feet of ascent, and on each day there will be a support vehicle at approximately half-way, allowing people to do less.
As this is a demanding route, TACH expect members should have some mountain experience above 2,000 feet. This does not necessarily mean running, but we hope everyone has been to UK mountains before as you need to know that the ascents can be tough, and the weather can be changeable and unpredictable.
Price includes food Half board, including breakfasts on Sunday and Monday and evening meals on Saturday and Sunday
The total cost is £75 each, with TACH to pay for transport. Deposit of £25 to be paid to secure a place (this is transferable to another TACH member, but not refundable), with balance of £50 by direct bank payment to TACH by end of March.
The bunkhouse does allow well behaved dogs, but please note there are free range chickens on-site, and we need to tell them in advance.
We will have a mandatory Kit List for safety - likely this one:
- Sleeping Bag
- Lunches and snacks for 3 days
- Suitable rucksack
- First aid kit (minimum blister plaster, sterile pad dressing and bandage/ tape)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers (taped seams)
- Spare long sleeved base layer top and bottom in plastic bag
- Head Torch and spare battery or backup Torch
- Hat and gloves
- Emergency blanket or survival bag
- Emergency food equivalent to two mars bar or gel, in addition to what you expect to eat
- Map ( to be provided each day) and compas