Tri Activators Course
I have been asked to circulate details of the Tri Activators Course to Club members. There sre still vacancies on this coure which is a fantastic opportunity for people to become run/ride leaders without doing two different qualifications and paying a few hundred pounds. Details below.
I am excited to announce that the Community Triathlon Activator Award is now open for bookings. All sports need inspirational individuals who motivate people to take part and stay involved in sporting activity.
The aim of the award is to provide passionate and enthusiastic individuals (18+ years of age) with the confidence and skills to lead a variety of activities aimed at encouraging participation within the sport.
This is a perfect option for someone who might want more of a role in a club but might not feel confident to take the leap to becoming a qualified coach. There are three important key strands to this role, all of which can be rewarding and will enhance participation and enjoyment of triathlon for all:-
· To organise and lead safe, effective and inclusive triathlon training activities and experiences (cycling & running).
· To inform, inspire and cultivate connections in their local clubs and communities, with initiatives such as GO TRI
· Act as a ‘coach support worker’, helping the Head Coach during sessions (e.g. setting up and take down equipment, taking timing splits, writing the session on the white board etc.)
· This is NOT a coaching qualification. Individuals who aspire to become a coach must complete a formal coaching qualification.
This course is primarily designed to provide those who want to take on this role some additional skills to increase the safety and enjoyment of such activities for all those who take part.
The one-day training workshop is practically oriented, focusing on developing the skills to organise and lead group training runs and cycle rides, support coached club sessions and cultivate connections to the sport of triathlon within local clubs and communities.
There is no formal assessment or exam.
Modules/ topics covered include:
· Roles and responsibilities of a Activator
· Planning and organising a Group Run session (Practical)
· Group cycle ride planning activity (Practical)
· Reflection & action planning is encouraged throughout the day
· Supporting Coaches sessions (swimming) – Role and remit
· Safety management, planning, equipment, participant motivation, equity and communication are all core themes to the day and covered in each section
New and Existing Clubs
The Activator is also a perfect solution for emerging clubs, who might not have the funds or the time to put someone initially through a coaching qualification.
Equally, for well-established clubs, volunteers are a crucial element to the successful running of the club, Activators could a valuable resource in taking the lead on organising one or more of the club organised activities, ensuring it is well planned and safe, reducing some of the reliance on coaches.
Date: Saturday 4th February 2017
Time: 9am - 5pm
Venue: John Charles Centre for Sport, Leeds, LS11 5DJ
Spaces are limited to 16 per course and as this is the final pilot course it is FREE.
To book on the course click here.