Race day information
Timings for the Redbourn Fun Run races on Sunday, May 20th, 2018:10.00 - 1km
10.45 - 3km
11.30 - 5km
12:30 - Fun Run Relay Race (for years 2-6)
13:00 - Prizes on the podium for 1km, 3km, 5km, Relay Race and Run Redbourn timed sprint race
- We advise you to arrive 30 minutes prior to your race starting and there will be a fun packed warm up 10 minutes before the 1km, 3km and 5km race commencing.
- No chip timing for the races.
- Plenty of marshals will be along the course to guide you and St Johns ambulance will be on site during the races.
- There will be drinks at the end of each race (no drinks on the course).
- Every finisher of the 1k, 3km and 5km races will receive a bespoke Redbourn Fun Run medal. All runners must wear their running number to receive their 'finishing goodies'.
- There are also prizes for the first 3 males & females of each race. Prizes will be presented on the podium at 13:00. There is no age limit for the races as the aim is to have fun. There will also be some spot prizes given throughout the day.
- The Fun Run Relay race will be held at 12:30. All team members will receive a relay participation memento.
- An additional Fun Run freebie is a Redbourn Fun Run 2018 T-shirt; for the first 100 kids that enter (born on or after September 1st 2006). So don't delay in signing you and your family up! If you are not one of the lucky ones to get a free T-shirt, there is an opportunity to purchase a kids T-shirt for £10.00 whilst entering online.
- Prices for the races are £6 for 1km, £9 for 3km and £11 for 5km. The charge for a relay team is £12. All money raised from the event will go to our chosen charities (Redbourn Primary School and Music For My Mind).
- This price includes a nominal online entry administrative fee per entry.
To make your day easier:
- Redbourn Leisure centre is kindly offering their washroom and shower facilities throughout the day.
- There is a car park offering free parking at the leisure centre and there is space to park on the Dunstable Road. However, we advise you to walk to the event to avoid any congestion, if possible.
- There will be a wide array of food and refreshments on site for you to enjoy if you are running or spectating.
- Plenty of kids activities will be provided all day (10am to 3pm) to keep the kids active and having fun, whilst you can enjoy the fun day at the newly refurbished Redbourn Leisure centre.
- Do you have any medical conditions that you will need further help or assistance with on race day? If so please get in contact prior to the race so we can be of assistance